Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mofongo Bazinga!!!!


I was out running my list of errands and was getting hungry. Being in an adventurous mood as my list was getting checked off brilliantly, I saw a sign for a new restaurant that had opened and on the sign it said "We have Mofongo!" H'mmmmm...no clue what that was but there was a way to find out so I pulled in and went inside. The smell was fabulous...lots of garlic and pork and cilantro and espresso tickling my nostrils! I marched up and ordered Mofongo...acting like I knew exactly what I was doing. As I stood there, I noticed no one else was ordering it so became a little leery of what I had done. I stood and waited...and waited...and waited. Finally a young man motioned me over as asked to see my receipt. Then he smiled and said "Another 20 minutes and it should be ready." H'mmmmmm again. FINALLY, a plate came out of the back of the restaurant and I was looking at this HUGE pile of dirty yellow lumpy mashed potatoes! Not being one to judge a book by it's cover, I started nibbling and OMG!! It was fabulous! Lots of garlic and the texture of lumpy mashed potatoes with pieces of red pepper and pork and cilantro. I am guessing that no one was ordering it because it took so long to make but it was worth the hour wait, for sure. I immediately looked up a recipe for it when I arrived home and am going to make it myself! The title of this post is a link to a basic recipe if you want to check it out, but the one I had also had red peppers in it so I guess you can make it your own!

Be sure and read the next post as my free giveaway for The Mad Tea Party is still open until tomorrow at midnight! Make it a good day!

3 comments:

  1. You are indeed courageous LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am coming by to remind you about the Vintage 4th of July blog party. Come on by when you are ready and link up your post. xo Joan thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link you added doesn't come back to anything Vintage 4th of July in your blog. Do you need help? Did you do a 4th of July post yet? Let me know if I can help. xo Joan

    ReplyDelete